The Darkling Tag (& YouTube)!
Hey there, Internet!
The cute & amazing Samm Sanity tagged me for the Darkling Tag (on her blog ‘Blood, Lace, and Faeries’ and on her youtube chanel ‘Victim of Sanity’). I usually only use my YouTube to watch the awesome community videos over there but this tag was screaming for being put into a video so here we go! (underneath of course the blogging-style version of it including the people I tagged…)
I’d like to tag
even though i would love to see everyone doing this and getting to know you better!
* What is your favorite candle scent?
As in real candle scent (and not in incense sticks) it would definitely be Witches’ Brew from Yankee Candles. Those last forever and make me instantly switch to comfy mood. Sadly Yankee Candles aren’t that easy to find here in Germany (except from Amazon) which makes me usually go for simple Opium scented candles.
* Do you have a favorite book?
Could not choose one. I collect books about bats, ravens, zombies and spooky or morbid things and actually love all of my books, depending on my mood.
* Are you a tea or coffee person?
I do love my homemeade fresh herbal teas but I think I still would prefer coffee especially after falling out of my bed.
* What is your favorite brand and color of lipstick?
Another thing depending on my mood but these days the most often I grab my Stargazer Glitter Lipstick in black. On other days I probably would go for dark red/browns.
* What is your favorite perfume/cologne?
Would be ‘Columns of Hercules’ from Perfume Noire. If you want a ‘known’ brand though it would be ‘Coco Noir’ from Chanel with a bit of Lush’s Lust here and there – mix & match scents I guess? Still missing a nice herbal scent though!
* Do you have a celebrity crush?
I guess we all do have one…?
* If you had to give up the color black, what color would you choose instead?
Would switch to some brownish green and turn myself into something like an Absinthe-Faerie!
* If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be?
I don’t think I’ve had one of the stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy names. My friends back then used my real name or used minimizations of ‘bat’ / ‘Fledermaus’ in german simply because you could have found me in the attic watching the bats quite often. But nope, no stereotypical names, sorry. If I could change my name to anything I would go with the Ramona Schnauzevoll that I use online these days.
* What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad?
As can bee seen in my latest post: Big hat, fan and wide cut thin clothing.
* What song will always make you happy (doesn’t have to be a goth band)?
Joachim Witt, Goldener Reiter, childhood memories coming up!
* Are you active in the arts (ex. Play an instrument, paint, write, etc)?
I paint, I write but I don’t have the guts to really show my art. Then again DIY!
* If you had a teacup or mug made inscribed just for you, what would you have it say?
If it could be a picture only it would be a bat throwing glitter like Tinkerbell does with her faerie-dust. If it had to be something written I’d like it to be my favourite quote ‘Nothing really matters but knowing nothing matters’, if it had to be something personal I would have no idea at all.
* What is your number one non-gothy hobby?
I would say gardening but then again there is a Facebook gardening group for goths…
* If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be & why?
A faerie! nature, magic, wings, what else would you want?
* What horror monster-based super power would you have?
Maybe not horror monster based but it would be awesome to actually understand what animals said.
* Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other Goths or gothy people (online or IRL)? Why or why not?
Definitely feeling comfortable, online and in real life. Simply because the most people close to me would be ‘darkly inclined’. I get really shy talking to ‘normal’ people though because I never know what we could talk about.
* Which is more important for a look: Great hair or great makeup?
Great corset? Sorry, probably great makeup since I actually like messy hair a lot.
* Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture?
Um… I don’t know. Actually it is good the way it is, the changes during the years could have been worse and when you look close you can definitely find a bit of everything. Maybe some more clubs would be nice, especially those with two different floors are rare and I don’t like the forced breaks when the music is a complete different genre then to what you would like to dance to.
* Care to share an embarrassing story related to your “darkliness“?
Errrrrrm, maybe another day? To be honest right now I don’t remember one.
* How are you at DIY?
Busy! There always is at least one project I’m working on.
* Quickly describe your ideal wedding.
Medieval inspired! All my friends and family enjoying the tasty food & drinks, music and fireplay. That if there ever would be a wedding.
Confessional (aka True or False):
* I love watching cheesy romance films.
Errrrm. False, I get into that mood maybe once or twice a year.
* I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night.
False. I forget about that as soon as I fall asleep. But I can take off my lashes perfectly and without damage even when I’m totally drunk.
* I sleep with plushies.
False. I do have my doll Julia sitting on my windowsill and some bat- and spider-plushies all around my flat but actually none in my bed.
* I wear non-black pajamas most nights.
False, all black.
* I still listen to a boy band that had disbanded years ago.
False. I do have a few 90’s pop songs around though!
* I think Andrew Eldritch is overrated.
False. I don’t think a person can be over or underrated.
* I don’t like vampires.
False. I like them as long as they are not sparkling. The only exception from my love for glittering things.
* I don’t like clubs.
False. As soon as I have a Friday or Saturday off I head to a club, dancing, meeting friends, enjoying the music and looking at awesome, happy people.
* I’m dating a goth/darkly-inclined person.
False. Dating noone.
* I don’t enjoy graveyards.
Half true, half false. The first memories of graveyards I have are the ones from my fathers funeral. I love old, abandoned graveyards though!
* Blood makes me queasy.
False. Otherwise I would have the wrong job.
* I’d sooner faint than pet a spider.
False. Spiders are useful and I like them in every corner of my flat (yes, talking to them, too.) If they get close to my bed they will be taken and put into a free corner. It was also amazing when I was able to touch a friends tarantula. Probably spiders would be a pet I would think about adopting.
* I don’t like haunted houses.
False. Stereotyping here, I love everything with that kind of backstory!
* I still browse Hot Topic’s clearance racks.
False. Sadly there is no hot topic or similar stuff around here, if I ever visit the USA I will take a look at a Hot Topic though for sure!
* I’ve never read Dracula.
False. Read it, liked it.
* I think “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” is a long & boring song.
False. Is in my playlist, hence like it!
Have you done this tag? Please share the link, I would like to see it, blogpost, video or whatever! Have a nice evening!